Salary: Salary - Competitive
Closing Date: 18 June 2021
The incumbent will carry out adjustments, maintenance, upgrades and projects within the field of refrigeration and services equipment at Dairymaid Clayville Factory as a permanent function as well as to provide support to the effluent plants.
- Ensure the refrigeration and services plant performs at optimum capacity
- Maintain, adjust and set up equipment as per the required parameters all the time.
- Ensure problems related to refrigeration and service are resolved timeously
- Escalate problems to the appropriate management level before it can create major financial loss
- Adhere to the required Ammonia safe handling procedures
- Actively involved in energy and water saving projects within your span of control
- Trouble shooting of any fault relating to the equipment and refrigeration services system
- Provides guidance to the factory & boiler personnel in line with all refrigeration services issues
- Ensure the application of preventative maintenance principles at all times
- Ensure compliance to the work permit procedures is adhered to by all. i.e. contractors
- Ensure the alignment of motors to refrigeration compressor
- Ensure Adherence to the liquid pumping principles
- Provides the capability to replace air and water filters, repair water traps/purging mechanisms
- Be able to work under no abrupt supervision
- Know-how of pumping down valve and vessels
- Repairing building components and assessing the site, buildings and equipment for possible damage
- Ensure all work is done in a safe manner all the time (working at heights, work in confined spaces, work with electricity, heavyweights, and lock out & tag out during maintenance)
- Conduct monthly inspection on site and ensure any issues are attended to.
- Arrange induction for maintenance contractors
- Matric + refrigeration related qualification coupled with relevant trade test.
- 5 years’ experience of working in Ammonia plant, specifically in food and Beverage industry
- Must have ammonia safe handling category B
- Experience in Building maintenance will be an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Must have working knowledge of computerized refrigeration monitoring/control program
- Engineering Technical Knowledge, sturdily on refrigeration systems
- Must have a high tolerance for stress and must be resilient
- Systematic, pragmatic, analytical and service oriented
- Knowledge of Safe working practices and legal compliance of refrigeration installations
- Basic understanding of ammonia system electrical controls
If you are interested please send your CV, latest payslip and copy of your qualifications to: [email protected] Tel. no: 011 238 8443
If you do not hear from us in a month after the advert closes, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note the company will not pay any relocation costs for this position.